right click disabled

Saturday 9 October 2010

Private Residence, Near Canterbury







These are some of the drawings produced for a private residence designed by GDM Architects while I was there, in 2004.

The building had a steel frame, and was clad in vertical cedar boarding and brickwork. The project was notable for the large number of very complicated construction details required, for a building of this size - and for the high level and detail involved in fixtures, fittings and finishes. The practice worked in conjunction with the clients' interior designer on this very sensitive project.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Stephen Moore
    My name is James, and I am a student in my second year of study studying architecture at the University of Edinburgh. I am currently doing a project on steel frame structure and design in my Technology and Environment course. As a result I would like to inquire into the possibility of gaining access to some of the scale drawings of the building to help with my project. Specifically i would be looking of plans of the building above showing primary and secondary steel structural elements.

    Thanks
    --James, s1101206@sms.ed.ac.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James,
      Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately I don't have any full sized drawings of this project so I can't help you for your project.
      Good luck though!
      Steve.

      Delete